Loss of Power

This is a discussion on Loss of Power within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys need some help before spending some money on the rex. just recently when you put your foot down ...

Loss of Power

hi guys
    need some help before spending some money on the rex. just recently when you put your foot down sometimes there is no power at all and then all of a sudden it kicks in, have noticd it usually only happens when the car is warm and also when you are going up hill. any ideas?? i have a feeling it could be the air flow meter as a similar problem occurred in a friends GTX.
    1999 WRX Wagon
    STI bits

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Uhhmmm.....turbo lag? You need to describe the problem better with more detail.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...hp?t=134326138
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

when you are driving along all of a sudden i can feel a complete loss in power then it will just come back, this is even when the car is not under boost. I pulled a U-turn the other day and it felt as though the car was just rolling and then all of a sudden all the power came on at once.
    1999 WRX Wagon
    STI bits

no new mods have been installed and i always run 98 octane fuel. plugs were replaced 15,000kms ago with iridiums rated for 80,000kms. just want to get some advice about what others think the problem could be before i go out and get a dyno diagnostics test done.
    1999 WRX Wagon
    STI bits

egr valve

I had the same problem on a differrent turbo car and it was just a egr valve I believe so fear not it might just be a simple sensor fix but I would definetly look into it