bucking at 2600 under accel???

This is a discussion on bucking at 2600 under accel??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey i have a Question to you... i have a 03 wrx has the 2.0 (100k) i noticed the other ...

bucking at 2600 under accel???

hey i have a Question to you...

i have a 03 wrx has the 2.0 (100k) i noticed the other day a slight buck leaving a turn now it has drasticly gotten worse in a day. there is a bank one o2 code n thats been there for a wile. fuel psi is 38-45 with the regulator vac hooked up with it not its 50.( is this a normal range) there is no fuel in the vac line either. the car drives great after 2800 rpm. no problems in drivability at all. a very suttle hessitation at idle not like a miss but about every 40 secs or so you can feel it in the car at a light. or you can see it misss very little when you watch it. scanner says its in (open loop). air filter good, fuel filter new, psi is above...duno sure seems like fule prob seems like it may be using a little more fuel than normal not much more but like 50 miles less a tank, any ideas
    Last edited by xsubytc; 09-15-2010 at 08:01 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any mods on the car?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I get this every once and a while in traffic. I always thought it was my stock rear diff that has 130k miles on it, it has a terrible whine at 60-65 mph.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

under drive pulleys, cat back, cold air, innner cooler y pipe,(stock bov) all new belts, hoses tstat, plugs, fuel... i stay on top of the maintenence for sure. thats it for engine mods...gana try the o2 i no it needs replacing but i still think for some reason thats not it...now i am origonal owner and almost all mods have been on for 100K miles...any ideas i think im just overlooking something

Quote Originally Posted by xsubytc View Post
    hey i have a Question to you...

i have a 03 wrx has the 2.0 (100k) i noticed the other day a slight buck leaving a turn now it has drasticly gotten worse in a day. there is a bank on o2 code n thats been there for a wile. fuel psi is 38-45 with the regulator vac hooked up with it not its 50.( is this a normal range) there is no fule in the vac line either. the car drives great after 2800 rpm. no problems in drivability at all. a very suttle hessitation at idle not like a miss but about every 40 secs or so you can feel it in the car at a light. or you can see it misss very little when you watch it. scanner says its in (open loop). air filter good, fuel filter new, psi is above...duno sure seems like fule prob seems like it may be using a little more fuel than normal not much more but like 50 miles less a tank, any ideas
    First thing I would check is ignition (plugs, wires, coil). Sounds like it may be spark arcing somewhere

i sprayed down the coil packs with water at dusk...no arcing that is visible. i pulled the plugs on pass bank perfect...the weather has not affected anything dry or wet out no change...hummmm

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Might try cleaning your MAF (the wire up inside, not the bulb - use MAF cleaner gently and don't touch it with anything). You need to solve that code - what is the exact code?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

its been tripping a 9141 O2 code ... i pulled the mass last Saturday i cleaned the exterior and what i thought was the heating element. it did not look like you could acess anything inside...? (it was not that dirty)the new O2 will be in today so that will probally get on at lunch. there have been no other codes since new. a missfire for sure wood kick a missfire code right? thanks guys keep sending the ideas

I Support ClubWRX
    its been tripping a 9141 O2 code ... i pulled the mass last Saturday i cleaned the exterior and what i thought was the heating element. it did not look like you could acess anything inside...? (it was not that dirty)the new O2 will be in today so that will probally get on at lunch. there have been no other codes since new. a missfire for sure wood kick a missfire code right? thanks guys keep sending the ideas
    You cleaned the heater bulb - that won't help. It is a little coiled wire up in the tube you can barely see. It might still be worth trying since it is so easy.

I can't find that code listed.

kool i just recieved the new O2 in hand... i will get that on at lunch. i will have to wait til i get home for the mass. no q-tips here. i thought that just may have been the heater element. all the other mass i have seen have had like a lightbulb type element or horseshoe looking or like gun sight. FINGERS CROSSED thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    kool i just recieved the new O2 in hand... i will get that on at lunch. i will have to wait til i get home for the mass. no q-tips here. i thought that just may have been the heater element. all the other mass i have seen have had like a lightbulb type element or horseshoe looking or like gun sight. FINGERS CROSSED thanks

DO NOT TOUCH IT WITH ANYTHING INCLUDING Q-TIPS!!!!! Just mist lightly up the tube and don't even directly spray it hard.

its official.... the O2 man didnt see that one comming... in and done, cleard codes roadtest. all a total go. thanks for sugestions i was starting to think i may have had a cracked air intake horn under load. thanks everyone for ideas n suggestions