06 WRX...Turbocharger covered under Powertrain Warranty? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 06 WRX...Turbocharger covered under Powertrain Warranty? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by The mod list in your first post is lacking an aftermarket Uppipe. If you are still running ...

Quote Originally Posted by The mod list in your first post is lacking an aftermarket Uppipe. If you are still running the stock uppipe I suggest you read [URL="http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/134325276-attn-02-05-wrx-owners-importance-uppipe-mod.html"
    this thread[/URL].
    Very informative thread. Thanks! I am currently using the OEM 2.5L stock uppipe. I rarely use my APv2.0 unless changing maps. Today, though, I decided to plug it and drive around to gather a general tracking of boost readings. In order to reach, for example, 13.6 psi in 3rd gear I had to reach an RPM level that's far higher than I ever allow myself to drive! So, my only thought is that I have, in fact, been "graced" with either an authentically defective OEM TD04 or the previous owner(s)' abuse was not identified by the dealer who sold the vehicle to me.

If the OEM 2.5L uppipe is, in fact, catless, I see no reason to invest in any sort of aftermarket uppipe - with or w/o an EWG. I will, though, look into catch cans and air/oil separators a little more.

So much to learn...that TiC thread is compelling as well. Though, as Anub1s mentioned earlier, "Pay to play my friend."
    "Donny, you are out of your element!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Smljhndnsmr View Post
    If the OEM 2.5L uppipe is, in fact, catless, I see no reason to invest in any sort of aftermarket uppipe - with or w/o an EWG.
    the oem 2.5L UP is catless from the factory. the only time it really needs to be replaced is if youre making crazy power.. or (& i think EJ257 has stated this before) if you go EWG it's recommended you replace the UP also, even on a 2.5L (i'm sure he'll correct me if i'm wrong )

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

http://www.jscspeed.com/catalog/Grim...epartator_8790
    How genius of a design is that! I shouldn't picked one of those up when I bought the car! Thanks for the advice, SeattleJeremy.
    "Donny, you are out of your element!"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06
    the oem 2.5L UP is catless from the factory. the only time it really needs to be replaced is if youre making crazy power.. or (& i think EJ257 has stated this before) if you go EWG it's recommended you replace the UP also, even on a 2.5L (i'm sure he'll correct me if i'm wrong )
    If he's running an OEM 2.5L uppipe, there's no reason to bother replacing it with an aftermarket one unless you're going EWG (you'll need to remove the uppipe to weld a flange in for the gate) or doing a turbo swap (with the turbo out, removing the uppipe is only another two bolts).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    How genius of a design is that! I shouldn't picked one of those up when I bought the car! Thanks for the advice, SeattleJeremy.
    That is pretty awesome. Makes me feel all geeky.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Glad to help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12