wrx overheating :( help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx overheating :( help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi i recently got a new car its been fine for the first few weeks but blew a top hose ...

Red face wrx overheating :( help

hi i recently got a new car its been fine for the first few weeks but blew a top hose ive replaced that and its blew it again also has a slight leak from the stat housing. i have had a chemical test done on the water system and no signs of head gasket runs good aswell, ive noticed if i turn the ignition on the coolant fan cuts in and out and when it is running the fan cuts in but very slow, also its a import and i think someone has changed the clocks as they dont seem to say the right speed in mph would this have anything do do with it or does anyone know what this problem could be?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by messiah View Post
    hi i recently got a new car its been fine for the first few weeks but blew a top hose ive replaced that and its blew it again also has a slight leak from the stat housing. i have had a chemical test done on the water system and no signs of head gasket runs good aswell, ive noticed if i turn the ignition on the coolant fan cuts in and out and when it is running the fan cuts in but very slow, also its a import and i think someone has changed the clocks as they dont seem to say the right speed in mph would this have anything do do with it or does anyone know what this problem could be?

thanks
    Did you run a car fax on it? That will tell you where it came from.

When my car is idling, the fan constantly turns on/off - even when it isn't that hot outside, and the car runs fine.

Do you have the right coolant in the car? If you have a leak, you need to get that repaired, otherwise you will never be able to keep the proper amount of coolant in.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    First off crawl under the steering wheel and look up under the dash to find the green test connectors. Unplug them.

Then you need to burp your cooling system - hopefully that will take care of the overheating.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2-5-lite...-system-2.html
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

you lost me with car fax. the fan cuts in very slow and not very often, the temp gauge never goes over half way even with steam pouring out the bonnet when it blew the hose

whats the green test connectors do?

I Support ClubWRX
    The green connectors put the car in diagnostics mode and makes the fans cycle when you have the ignition on but the car's not running. They have to be unplugged.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    you lost me with car fax. the fan cuts in very slow and not very often, the temp gauge never goes over half way even with steam pouring out the bonnet when it blew the hose

whats the green test connectors do?
    Sorry - I just re-read your post, I thought you said you "thought" it was an import. I suggested Car Fax so you could find out where the car came from and its history.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    The green connectors put the car in diagnostics mode and makes the fans cycle when you have the ignition on but the car's not running. They have to be unplugged.
    thanks im gonna have a look now also my friend said its a temp sender fault so i have ordered a new temp sender so hopefully ill be good.

unconnected the green connectors sorted the fan and overheating out also put about 50% power increase

thanks alot

I Support ClubWRX
    unconnected the green connectors sorted the fan and overheating out also put about 50% power increase

thanks alot

I was leaving the power bump for a nice surprise

I was leaving the power bump for a nice surprise
    thanks again mate hopefully the overheating shouldnt happen again just waiting for all my new parts to come loads to go on it

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds great, what are you putting on? Subi's can be touchy about their mods

planning on getting new headers decat it has a slight air leak from the dump valve so i have a new one of them, not quite sure what its boosting at because its leaking someone has put a k & n kit looks like they got it free with tokens out of a cornflakes box...

my friend said you can get a sti ecu and injectors and it will increase the bhp by 100bhp but i dunno how much truth there is to that

??

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah getting all the leaks taken care of can go a long way. They are very finicky about the intake - the stock one works well. We don't mess with changing the ECU, just flash a new map suited for the mods if you do the cats etc.

100hp is a lot without a turbo upgrade I don't see it. Turbo, IC, injectors, fuel pump & new map for that.

Yeah getting all the leaks taken care of can go a long way. They are very finicky about the intake - the stock one works well. We don't mess with changing the ECU, just flash a new map suited for the mods if you do the cats etc.

100hp is a lot without a turbo upgrade I don't see it. Turbo, IC, injectors, fuel pump & new map for that.
    yeah well i wanted to go back to the stock intake better filter in there. tbf its as quick as i want it how it is

The green test connectors should stay unplugged?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast