Blown O2 sensor - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Blown O2 sensor within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 hopefully they do! The guy should have just told you, they don't sell and and to ...

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    hopefully they do! The guy should have just told you, they don't sell and and to order it from a different place in Canada. Hope it all works out for you, and he doesn't screw you over.

Hopefully you can your sensor fixed though!
    ya well before i even realized it was the wrong one i was already trying to get the old one out and it was rusted to hell no matter what i tried i couldnt get it loose, wd40, extension pipe on my socket wrench for longer handle, and i even snapped one of my extension sockets (and smashed my finger in the process)

any other suggestion on how to get this sucker out? i already have the right 22mm slotted socket

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Buy some pb blaster and let it soak for a little while. Then try it.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

o2 sensors can be a real pain to remove. Especially if you live in a climate where the roads need to be salted. You need to buy an o2 wrench. Even then you might have a rough time. If all else fails drop the exhaust manifold and try to remove it this way. Yes you will need new exhaust gaskets. Good luck.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.