Blown O2 sensor - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Blown O2 sensor within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 hopefully they do! The guy should have just told you, they don't sell and and to ...

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    hopefully they do! The guy should have just told you, they don't sell and and to order it from a different place in Canada. Hope it all works out for you, and he doesn't screw you over.

Hopefully you can your sensor fixed though!
    ya well before i even realized it was the wrong one i was already trying to get the old one out and it was rusted to hell no matter what i tried i couldnt get it loose, wd40, extension pipe on my socket wrench for longer handle, and i even snapped one of my extension sockets (and smashed my finger in the process)

any other suggestion on how to get this sucker out? i already have the right 22mm slotted socket

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Buy some pb blaster and let it soak for a little while. Then try it.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

o2 sensors can be a real pain to remove. Especially if you live in a climate where the roads need to be salted. You need to buy an o2 wrench. Even then you might have a rough time. If all else fails drop the exhaust manifold and try to remove it this way. Yes you will need new exhaust gaskets. Good luck.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12