Newbie Question about an 06 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newbie Question about an 06 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 06 WRX all stock. Yesterday the check engine line came on and the cruise control light started ...

Newbie Question about an 06 WRX

I have a 06 WRX all stock. Yesterday the check engine line came on and the cruise control light started flashing. Also, when I ran the AC there was a squealing sound. I popped the hood and noticed that one of the belts was twisted. I removed the belt then noticed that there was a plastic round piece that had pretty much melted. What could have caused this and is it an easy fix?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not enough info to do an e-diagnosis. Pictures would help if you're unsure of what belt drives which accessory, or if you could tell us the orientation of the belt in question.

The cruise light flashes to draw your attention to the CEL, we can assume all day that the CEL is related to the belt, but that doesn't take the place of actually reading the code as it could be unrelated in the end.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Ill post pix ASAP. Its the belt closes to the engine.

Welcome... all the belts run to the engine's crank pulley... post the cel codes so we can help you...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by shane2751 View Post
    I have a 06 WRX all stock. Yesterday the check engine line came on and the cruise control light started flashing. Also, when I ran the AC there was a squealing sound. I popped the hood and noticed that one of the belts was twisted. I removed the belt then noticed that there was a plastic round piece that had pretty much melted. What could have caused this and is it an easy fix?
    Well found out what the problem was. It was the A/C tensioner or whats left of it anyways.

[IMG][/IMG]

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.