replacing all rubbers/bushings in sway bar
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on replacing all rubbers/bushings in sway bar within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so as i was changing the oil filter today on my car, i noticed the bushings at both ends of ...

replacing all rubbers/bushings in sway bar

so as i was changing the oil filter today on my car, i noticed the bushings at both ends of the sway bar look VERY worn, so im thinking of replacing all the rubbers and bushings in the front and rear sway bars.

is there any easy way i can get them all in one go? maybe some sort of kit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

energy suspension makes some replacement bushings.
    Cobb Accessport v1 stage 2 93 map, Nitto Invo Tires, Sti Front and Perrin Rear Sways, Rota Torque Wheels, APS Exhaust 3.5" turbo back. Catless TurboXS Up pipe, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, Paranoid Fabrications Cowl Braces, Group-N Tophats, Group-N Trans and Engine Mount, Tokico Dspec w/ Rce Black springs

going to need more info about your car to be able to accurately help.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

its a 98 wrx. and they are selby sway bars.

I Support ClubWRX
    If the bar is bigger than stock then you will have to get the appropriate size according to the bar size. Prothane, Super Pro and Whiteline all make aftermaket bushings in different sizes.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Whiteline used to be selby. So they should have the sway bar bushings that you need. As for getting the others as a package.. if it were me, and I was looking to do them all I'd see if I could find all the group N bushings and replace all the factory worn ones with those. Should tighten things up nicely.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

whats the diameter of the stock sway bar do you know?

and where can i get some more info on these "group N bushings"?

Cheers.

edit: i checked out those bushings, are they worth the price for a full kit?
    Last edited by deadweight; 09-01-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Hi,

I've just received a kit of poly bushes for my WRX from these guys - http://www.strong-flex.eu/index.php, Took 10 days from poland to UK, All seem good quality and will be fitting them over the next few days. Quite cheap too, the kit I made up cost 158 delivered, same kit over here would be 350 odd...

Hope that helps!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Hi,

I've just received a kit of poly bushes for my WRX from these guys - http://www.strong-flex.eu/index.php, Took 10 days from poland to UK, All seem good quality and will be fitting them over the next few days. Quite cheap too, the kit I made up cost 158 delivered, same kit over here would be 350 odd...

Hope that helps!

John
    cheers mate! this is what i was after.

since posting this ive replaced sway bar links, and the "D" bushs in the sway bar, now ill move on to the rest of the suspension.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.