Need some help!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Need some help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; no accessport either? Try to use romraider with someone locally....

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    no accessport either? Try to use romraider with someone locally.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my car is all stock accept for a cat back exhaust....just a little extra info.
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    I would suggest data logging with romraider/ a local subaru person
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

if you vehicle is still under powertrain warranty, which is less than 5 years old (which an 07 is) and less than 60k miles (which you would know by your mileage), i would take it to a dealership.

in the event that there is something that a powertrain warranty would cover, a subaru dealership would have to handle the diagnosis and subsequent repair. its good you dont have a lot of mods, cause dealerships dont really like that.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    if you vehicle is still under powertrain warranty, which is less than 5 years old (which an 07 is) and less than 60k miles (which you would know by your mileage), i would take it to a dealership.

in the event that there is something that a powertrain warranty would cover, a subaru dealership would have to handle the diagnosis and subsequent repair. its good you dont have a lot of mods, cause dealerships dont really like that.
    i'm thinkin i'm going to do this first. cause it won't cost me anything for them to look at it.....well i don't think so anyway. right? haha never dealt with a car with a warranty until now and it just hit 50k yesterday.

the dilemma to solve now is how to get it to the shop w/ no extra car. and working 8-5 mon-fri. shiiiiiiiiizzz!
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine

if it is not warranty related, they will nail you with a diagnosis fee, which is usually one (1) mechanical hour of labor time. depends on your area how much they charge, but its usually somewhere around $100+

if it is a warranty related issue, the will provide you with a rental or loaner free of charge

keep us posted! good luck
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    if it is not warranty related, they will nail you with a diagnosis fee, which is usually one (1) mechanical hour of labor time. depends on your area how much they charge, but its usually somewhere around $100+

if it is a warranty related issue, the will provide you with a rental or loaner free of charge

keep us posted! good luck
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhh balls!! alright, i'll definitely let you all know where my wallet is at in the mix of the BS <---bye money
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine

UPDATE:

Finally got a co-worker to sit in the car and mess with the throttle so i can try and hear for any thing.

I found something. It's a clicking sound closer to the driver side underneath the top mount. Sounds like an exhaust leak somewhere because the "clicking" sound speeds up with more RPMS.

If anyone knows what it might be please fill me in

Going to call dealerships today to see if i can get it looked at. I'm half tempted to pull the top mount off to night to see if i can find anything underneath that's loose.

Thanks again for any information you can give me!
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine

I Support ClubWRX
    The easy way to test for an exhaust leak is to take an old shirt and ball it up. Have friend take said shirt and hold it over the exhaust tip for no more than 5 seconds at a time while you poke around under the car. The plugging of the exhaust is creating back pressure which will make the leak more noticable. As far as a "clicking" do you mean "tick"? These are noisy engines. When someone say "clicking" noise I think solenoid or relay. Exhaust leaks don't "click" persay.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    The easy way to test for an exhaust leak is to take an old shirt and ball it up. Have friend take said shirt and hold it over the exhaust tip for no more than 5 seconds at a time while you poke around under the car. The plugging of the exhaust is creating back pressure which will make the leak more noticable. As far as a "clicking" do you mean "tick"? These are noisy engines. When someone say "clicking" noise I think solenoid or relay. Exhaust leaks don't "click" persay.
    a "tick" noise probably describes it better...it's loud enough of a noise that you can hear it out the driver window bouncing off other cars that you drive by.

Anyway, i'm taking it in to the shop tonight. So i should know whats up with it by tomorrow
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine

UPDATE:

Got off of work early today to take the car to the shop. Guess what happened...............the car ran perfectly all the way there. So i didn't even bother to have them look at it. lol don't get it! but she's running well again.
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.