wiring for rear license plate lights came undone

This is a discussion on wiring for rear license plate lights came undone within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got pulled over last night because my license plate lights are out. I went to auto zone and picked ...

wiring for rear license plate lights came undone

I got pulled over last night because my license plate lights are out. I went to auto zone and picked up new bulbs, put them in, and no luck. They still don't work. While looking around I noticed the wiring for the lights isn't connected into anything. I tried looking for the harness that it should clip into, but no luck. Any advice on where to look or how to gain access to it?
    owner of a stock (for now) 2005 WRB WRX limited.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so there is no harness or plug for the wires to go to or bulb to plug in

I Support ClubWRX
    If your tail lights work the main harness is there somewhere. Keep looking.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

is the tag light in series with the running lights or parallel

cause if it was in parallel running lights could still work if the harness for the tag lights are completly gone unless it was shorting its self to ground

I had the same problem. I popped off the liner all the way at the rear of the trunk (closest to the license plate) and found that the license plate lights had been unplugged (just two small mating plastic plugs). So either the retard who owned the car before me unplugged them for stealth mode or they have a habit of coming undone. Either way, I plugged it back in and it hasn't come undone since.

Thanks Elad05. That's exactly what I needed to know.
    owner of a stock (for now) 2005 WRB WRX limited.

Are you being sarcastic or did that actually help you fix it?