whats good to replace stock clutch without breaking your tranny?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on whats good to replace stock clutch without breaking your tranny? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok guys, my clutch is slipping and it seems i have no meat left on the clutch , the way ...

Red face whats good to replace stock clutch without breaking your tranny?

ok guys, my clutch is slipping and it seems i have no meat left on the clutch , the way it smells when im on 5th gear on the freeway. so a buddie of mines said you need a new clutch . i am second owner of my 2002 wrx milage is about 12487.. (yeah) its crazy high ..lolz .. anyways ..just wanted to know what kind of clutch & flywheel is good for my car. which for my tranny can handle ? help me out plz

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Exedy makes some good stock replacement clutches, similar in aggressiveness to the OEM spec clutch, but more reasonably priced. Example.

That, or an OEM clutch would be your best bet for a stock transmission. Both are quality options.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

hey thanks( mudferret) how about the flywheel should i just leave it stock .. oh yeah i forgot the exedy clutch do you feel the difference between the stock one
    Last edited by evo-killer209; 08-29-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evo-killer209 View Post
    hey thanks( mudferret) how about the flywheel should i just leave it stock .. oh yeah i forgot the exedy clutch do you feel the difference between the stock one

Personally, if your only running stock to light power mods, I would remain with the stock clutch, especially if your concerned about the trans. I stripped 2nd gear in my first 5 spd with the stock clutch...

hey thanks for the info i just leave mine stock then just gonna replace exedy oem clutch kit then...thank you guys..

same here after i did a rebuild form stripping 2nd i used exedy replacement works great.
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

I guess I'm going for the exedy. Then. Sounds good.. got one question though. Once you replace the clutch did anybody felt the difference in stiffness in the clutch pedal and acceleration with the exedy..post me up

Quote Originally Posted by evo-killer209 View Post
    I guess I'm going for the exedy. Then. Sounds good.. got one question though. Once you replace the clutch did anybody felt the difference in stiffness in the clutch pedal and acceleration with the exedy..post me up

The stock clutch is also an exedy, at least everyone I have ever done on a Subaru is...With a new clutch you will feel a little more stiffness at first however as the clutch wears it will start to feel like your old one...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.