im haveing some verry strange sympthoms with my 02 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on im haveing some verry strange sympthoms with my 02 wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok so i just recently got the car. but the other day it started doing some verry strange things. after ...

im haveing some verry strange sympthoms with my 02 wrx

ok so i just recently got the car. but the other day it started doing some verry strange things. after driveing it for about 60-75 miles it was haveing alot of trouble restarting even had to push start it to get back to work. then on the way to work any time i used the brakes all interor and i assume exterior electronic devices would shut off whail brakeing only. they would come back on right after. and the engine would stay on even tho all the guages droped to 0. the only light on the dash that would light up was the abs light. the cel light came on but i havent scaned it yet. but has anyone else had a problem like this or heard of anything like this ever happening its verry strange to me. the engine runs great no strange noises no leaks or anything. tho i do think its in limp mode right now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you know if the previous owner was messing around with the cars electrical wiring?
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

no i dont but it looks like theirs a ground kit or something on it i dont know if its stock or not tho

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Replace or charge the battery. The car shuts down progressively as it gets low.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

i was thinking battery or alternator at first but would the battery throw a code. or do you think that is from some other issue i wont know that one till i can get it scaned i gotta wait for my freind to get back so i can use the scaner. whats really weird tho is its running fine right now and it ran and started fine after sitting for about 2 hours after the issues poped up. would a low battery or bad battery cause it to do that after a long time.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's either the battery or a contact likely. Check both. Borrow a known good battery if you don't want to buy one yet, and see if the good battery fixes the car.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Definitely check your battery connections. After that, have the charging system tested, and go from there. Sounds like a simple issue of negative contact being loose to me though.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

ok well the cel light is gone and i am preety shure ive found the culprit aparently the old owner had a sterio system in the car... and well the battery is connected to subwoffers in the trunk ... but they dont exist after disconecting that wire the cel went away. do you think a loose and negitive wire directly conected to the batt in the trunk could have some how shorted together and caused this issue. one of my buddys said he had the exact same sympthoms and the exact same thing was the cause on one of his eclipses. idk just throwing out what ive found out so far to see if yes no mabey answers come up the cel light is gone tho.

A short could definitely cause the electrical issues you were seeing. Good that you caught the problem before it fried your ECU. I would also go over all the grounds in the engine bay. If you have a grounding kit on your car make sure it is set up properly. The previous owner probably did not bother with fuses.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

went over all the wires in the bay and took the one i thought was a ground kit it turned out to be a sub wire with a fuse the fuse blew witch shows it deffinatly was shorting at some point (it has one of those huge mega sub fuses) and the cel light is gone and no more sympthoms.

eventually im going to take the whole wire out as i do not want subs and their is no need for a sub wire that isnt connected or going to be connected to anything

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.