Oil Pressure Drop

This is a discussion on Oil Pressure Drop within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 06 STi, which I have recently lost ALL oil pressure in. I took the car apart, replaced ...

Oil Pressure Drop

I have an 06 STi, which I have recently lost ALL oil pressure in. I took the car apart, replaced the oil pump, put it back together, and still have no oil pressure. I also removed screens from the oil lines connecting to the turbo, so that can't be the issue. My next step is the oil pickup tube. My question is this: Is the pickup tube actually called and "oil strainer?" And if so, I have heard multiple things about this part actually being welded to the block. However, I have looked at several diagrams, and they show it just being bolted on. Anyone out there know the answer to this? Also, how hard of a job would it be for me to do myself? I know the engine has to be lifted, I would just like to know if any of you guys have done this yourselves? Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Dustin
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

304WHP/338WTQ 2006 STi

HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #1080

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Could it be a bad sending unit?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I think it's definitely mechanical.... I had turbo failure immediately following the oil pressure light.
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

304WHP/338WTQ 2006 STi

HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #1080

Ouch... that sucks...
    Sorry... I really wouldn't know much beyond that... mainframe said that the stock oil pick ups are prone to break... look at the links in your other thread he posted... good luck man...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Thanks anyways man
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

304WHP/338WTQ 2006 STi

HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #1080

There are several reports of broken pick up tubes. Enough that I ordered a Killer B p/u tube yesterday. There are directions posted on the Killer B site, and on NASIOC, and here as well I'm sure. Hopefully your car hasn't been starved of oil; what were the circumstances leading up to the pressure drop?

The tube is bolt on, but it does have welds/brazes that are the failure point. Removing the pan looks to be much more of a pain in the ass than it should be.

Killer B
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You should really keep this to one section, and this is the correct one. However, I replied to your other thread with info.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    You should really keep this to one section, and this is the correct one. However, I replied to your other thread with info.
    I know man, I just wanted to make sure it was seen. hahaha thanks for the help though
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

304WHP/338WTQ 2006 STi

HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #1080

Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    There are several reports of broken pick up tubes. Enough that I ordered a Killer B p/u tube yesterday. There are directions posted on the Killer B site, and on NASIOC, and here as well I'm sure. Hopefully your car hasn't been starved of oil; what were the circumstances leading up to the pressure drop?

The tube is bolt on, but it does have welds/brazes that are the failure point. Removing the pan looks to be much more of a pain in the ass than it should be.

Killer B
    I was just driving the car normally. When the light came on, I stopped driving and had it taken to my house. I took the oil filter off and cut it open and didn't see any brassy metal or anything, so I assume I turned the car off in time to save the motor.
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

304WHP/338WTQ 2006 STi

HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #1080

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STi-Guy85 View Post
    I know man, I just wanted to make sure it was seen. hahaha thanks for the help though
    No prob, just keep in mind server space isn't free, so keeping things to one thread is preferable. Keep it in it's designated area and I guarantee someone will reply eventually.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!