2002 WRX Front O2 Sensor

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX Front O2 Sensor within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The check engine light went on, brought my rex to the dealer and turns out the front O2 sensor is ...

2002 WRX Front O2 Sensor

The check engine light went on, brought my rex to the dealer and turns out the front O2 sensor is shot.

The dealer wanted $600 (CDN) to fix it with the greatest chunk of the price being the O2 sensor itself. I knew that was FAR higher than I should be paying so I took the car back before any work was done.

I looked around online for an O2 sensor and the prices really differ. As low as $22 and as high as $150. What's the difference and is there a trusted brand amongst the gurus here?

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

make sure it's an air fuel ratio sensor. i paid $135 for a direct fit denso one on ebay. only took 20min for a mechanic to install it

I bought mine from the dealer for about 200$US. Since you are in Canada I am going to guess that your o2 sensor will be very hard to remove. My o2 sensor is basically stuck on my old exhaust manifold elbow. I put my new one in a P&P'd exhaust manifold that I was installing. Good luck.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Makes sure to check it yourself first! Mine just came on as well and its a wire that got loose... I fixed mine by connecting the wires
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

Thanks for the responses so far.

The main question I have is, was there a particular brand/part number that any of you used that worked well or will anything do in this case?

i found the wire was disconnected so i just used wire connectors and made it work =)
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current