05 sti with weird engine hesitation...

This is a discussion on 05 sti with weird engine hesitation... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi there, I'm the idiot who didn't know what a throttle body coolant bypass mod was. I have a 05 ...

05 sti with weird engine hesitation...

Hi there, I'm the idiot who didn't know what a throttle body coolant bypass mod was.

I have a 05 STI with 78,000 miles on it that I bought last year. I took it to a Subaru dealer to have them find out what has been modified on my car, and this is word for word what they said: "aftermarket front and rear swaybars, aftermarket short-ram intake, stock intake system modified to fit short-ram, aftermarket silicone turbo inlet pipe, aftermarket intercooler y-pipe, aftermarket 1000cc injectors installed, possibly aftermarket fuel pump, tgv's deleted"

So I know my car was heavily modified but the previous owner left some of the mods in there.

List of issues with my car:
    *idles just above 1000rpms, sometimes jumps to 1100
    *on a cool morning (78 degrees or below) my engine bucks like crazy without boost when my engine is cold
    *on a hot day (95 degrees or above) with my engine all warmed up, it bucks like crazy as soon as I start hearing the turbo spool. If I WOT with more boost, the bucking stops.

I heard it would be wise to get a tune, and considering the car came with a COBB access port, I did just that.

Car was tuned by Top Speed from Atlanta. I'm not familiar with all this tuning stuff, but the guy said I'm now at 350hp with my turbo at 14psi. I really wanted this thing to run like stock... but if I could get an extra 50hp... that's cool.

Before the tune I was planning on trading out my 1000cc injectors for some stock ones, but I was told I didn't have to for a tune.

I DO NOT have a CEL on. I also changed my spark plugs not too long ago.

What on earth is causing this?! I'm starting to lean towards my injectors. PLEASE HELP. I'm afraid I am potentially damaging my car with it running like this. I apologize for the long post.
    Last edited by Meboe; 08-25-2010 at 01:12 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump