Warrenty issue

This is a discussion on Warrenty issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey would a stp intake and exhaust that was installed by the dealership void my warranty? The issue is that ...

KpC

Warrenty issue

Hey would a stp intake and exhaust that was installed by the dealership void my warranty? The issue is that i have a problem with my car so i brought it in to a dealership. They told me that aftermarket parts is denying me the help they could give but the only part i have is a intake and exhaust that was installed by a dealership when i purchased my wrx. Also the dealership im working with is not the same dealership that i bought my car from(the other one closed down). I was wondering if anyone knows if that is true or they just BSing me on that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It all depends on what is wrong with your car. The dealership needs to prove that the aftermarket parts caused your problem. Being that they are SPT parts you should not have any warranty problems.

Do you by any chance have the paperwork from when the other dealer installed the parts?

Something doesn't seem completely right with this. Can you give more details on what the problem is and what the new dealer is telling you?

KpC
    well i do have the paperwork and it only says taht a power pack was installed. Is that enough proof by any chance? The problem with my car is that when it is idling or going below 5mph my car violently shakes and my check engine light goes on and off randomly. The new dealership is saying that the problem is with my coil pack and they are trying to fix it. While trying to fix it they said that my exhaust and intake is aftermarket parts and its a problem with my warranty. Hope this is enough information and again thanks for all the info and help!