'05 wrx sedan auto all stock lags really bad from full throttle start
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '05 wrx sedan auto all stock lags really bad from full throttle start within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am a first time subaru owner and am loving it so far! but need some help... i purchased an ...

Question '05 wrx sedan auto all stock lags really bad from full throttle start

I am a first time subaru owner and am loving it so far! but need some help... i purchased an '05 completely stock wrx SEDAN that was a trade in. the previous owners were apparently in their 60's and thing was babied so im not sure where i should start. This thing runs great after 3K RPM and the turbo starts to spool up. but, you have to feather the throttle and somewhat roll into. My biggest concern is that i have zero get up and go when i simply go full the throttle and its lagging really bad/sluggish...until 3K or higher and then it pulls hard.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tburns View Post
    I am a first time subaru owner and am loving it so far! but need some help... i purchased an '05 completely stock wrx SEDAN that was a trade in. the previous owners were apparently in their 60's and thing was babied so im not sure where i should start. This thing runs great after 3K RPM and the turbo starts to spool up. but, you have to feather the throttle and somewhat roll into. My biggest concern is that i have zero get up and go when i simply go full the throttle and its lagging really bad/sluggish...until 3K or higher and then it pulls hard.
    How many miles are on the vehicle? Is the CEL illuminated? Does the car idle ok or does there appear to be a slightly rough idle? Do you have a boost gauge installed? If so, are you hitting target boost? Are there any maintenance records such as tune ups? Repairs?....

It has 36K miles. No check engine light. It seem to be idling fine and no i have no boost meeter, which would prob help a lot. It's BONE stock. I haven't got around to taking into a dealership to check maintenance records, mainly cuz they told me it would be a $100 just to make an appt. I need to do it thought!

It's bone stock, It's an auto, It's a small 4 banger, It's just how it is... You need at least a stage 2 set up, and even then, if you prefer low end get up and go, you need... a HS TC for it to allow higher revs for faster takeoffs and getting into the higher RPMs that 4 bangers need to be in to make HP/TQ...
    Last edited by wrxdrvr; 08-26-2010 at 09:11 AM.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

an uppipe would def help that lag out especially with the auto. even more so with a downpipe if u decide to mod the car. of course u would need a tune with the downpipe as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrvr View Post
    It's bone stock, It's an auto, It's a small 4 banger, It's just how it is... You need at least a stage 2 set up, and even then, if you prefer low end get up and go, you need... a HS TC for it to allow higher revs for faster takeoffs and getting into the higher RPMs that 4 bangers need to be in to make HP/TQ...
    +1 All you need to know.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

This is for the High Stall Torque Converter, when your ready.

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/subaruauto.shtml
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.