Knocking/clicking noise

This is a discussion on Knocking/clicking noise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I have an 02 wagon and thursday the 12th i noticed a clicking noise, i continued to drive since ...

Knocking/clicking noise

Hey, I have an 02 wagon and thursday the 12th i noticed a clicking noise, i continued to drive since it was a slight noise and i need my car to get to and from work. Friday night me and some friends went out and the clicking was considerably louder. the next morning i started the car and the noise was loud. I drove home and found that when i accelerate as i reach about 2700 rpm the car stops wanting to accelerate and it sort of lurches forward. when the engine is rev'd the clicking speeds up with the engine speed.

+knocking/clicking noise
    +increases with engine speed
    +slowed acceleration
    +lurching around 2700-3000 rpm
    -this makes me think turbo

thanks for the help
    Eric

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah sounds like the turbo... is there any smoke? Are you getting any spool? Does it sound like marbles rattling inside of it?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

havent noticed any smoke, but it doesnt sound like a rattling.
    it's a knocking/clicking sound but it sounds like whatever is making the noise is spinning