2002 WRX Intermediate sputtering and power loss, please help!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX Intermediate sputtering and power loss, please help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 2002 WRX has been suffering from off and on sputtering fits over the last few weeks. The only mods ...

Angry 2002 WRX Intermediate sputtering and power loss, please help!!

My 2002 WRX has been suffering from off and on sputtering fits over the last few weeks. The only mods on it are a turbo timer, 3 inch exhaust with out Cats, STI intercooler, and hallman boost controller. I have replaced the MAF, O2 sensor and Exhaust Temp sensor and it still will randomly sputter out and die. when it goes through these sputtering spells it backfires when the accelerator is pushed, I can see some gas coming out of the tailpipe and there is gas in the oil. For some reason it is running really rich. I took it to my mechanic and he could not find any error codes and it doesn't seem to act up when he has it, however when I get it it happens within the next couple of days. Its driving me crazy, can some one help me??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    did your mech check the spark plugs?

And you probably want a tune for your mods
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.