2003 wrx abs sensor

This is a discussion on 2003 wrx abs sensor within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had to pull off the hub the other night so I could replace the wheel bearings. During the procedure ...

2003 wrx abs sensor

I had to pull off the hub the other night so I could replace the wheel bearings. During the procedure I accidentally damaged the abs sensor. Can I leave it off for the time being while I shop around or decide if I want to replace it. Subie wants 280.00 for this sensor. Personally I couldn't care less about having ABS. I am putting everything back together tonight, just not sure if its going to cause an issue. If its just a fault light, I'm not too concerned for now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by shankster26 View Post
    I had to pull off the hub the other night so I could replace the wheel bearings. During the procedure I accidentally damaged the abs sensor. Can I leave it off for the time being while I shop around or decide if I want to replace it. Subie wants 280.00 for this sensor. Personally I couldn't care less about having ABS. I am putting everything back together tonight, just not sure if its going to cause an issue. If its just a fault light, I'm not too concerned for now.

I have learned the hard way with this one, especially on the newer units which use a complete sealed bolt in hub bearing, I have broken a few, so now before I do any wheel bearing I remove the sensor ( after all its only one little 10mm bolt )...Anyways If the sensor is damaged yes that is all you will get is a code light, however ABS operation will be affected... as for ordering a new sensor check out the guys here, I have heard some good things though I have never personally ordered anything off of them... www.subarupartsforyou.com