Cluch --- Aaahhh!!!

This is a discussion on Cluch --- Aaahhh!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, so here's my story. Sitting at a stop light, clutch half way in and in neutral. Pushed the clutch ...

Red face Cluch --- Aaahhh!!!

Hey, so here's my story. Sitting at a stop light, clutch half way in and in neutral. Pushed the clutch all the way to put it in first to go at this light. No gas no nothing. Push the clutch in and I heard a popping/snapping sound. So still on a red light I released the clutch and it was like it dragged back out, like it was super sticky and almost like a clicking back up and pushing it in there was no pressure at all. It still drives, enough to get home and maybe to a shop... but I have to fast shift otherwise the clutch sticks and rpms go way up waiting for the gear to engage. Especially in 3rd gear, with the clutch all the way out its like it goes in and out, engages then lets up and my rpms fly. I haven't ever experienced anything like this, if someone could help that would be amazing! I am just clueless right now, feeling the clutch like slowly click up with no pressure. Please help. I think I'm still under warranty but if not...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Could be either the clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder, where did the sound come from? Center of the car where the trans is? Front of the car where the master cylinder is? Or down by your feet where the pedal is?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

It came from my where my feet are I am pretty sure. It was definitely low towards my feet, the second that the clutch went from half way to all the way in it was like a point of pressure to a snap.

My clutch pedal clicks sometimes too. It's nothing that I can feel and it doesn't get sticky or anything, so I think those might be too seperate issues.

I believe my click comes from a piece of plastic paneling being in the way of the pedal or something, but I never cared enough to check.
    -Holden
    Bugeye wagon - ERZ Uppipe - TurboXS Axleback - Swift Springs - JNA Lip