MAF Senor & CEL Codes P0102 and P0113

This is a discussion on MAF Senor & CEL Codes P0102 and P0113 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 02 WRX all stock except AEM Cold Air Intake and a Stage 1 XTD Clutch. With my ...

MAF Senor & CEL Codes P0102 and P0113

I have an 02 WRX all stock except AEM Cold Air Intake and a Stage 1 XTD Clutch. With my MAF sensor connected my car does not stay on. It just cranks up to about 1.5-2000 RPM and dies out. The only way it stays on is if you repedeatly press the gas. So I disconnected the MAF sensor and now the car stays on. It actually feels smoother while running and while idle. I'm going to replace the MAF sensor as soon as possible but just wanted to know how long I'm able to run the car without the MAF sensor connected. I'm also getting CEL codes P0102 and P0113. I've never had these codes until I had changed my spark plugs about a week ago. Before I had Cylinders 1 & 3 Missfire codes and Bank 1 too lean. Since my spark plug change those codes are no longer there and had the new codes of P0102 and P0113. Any Suggestions PLEASE...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you just install the intake. If so MAF sensor is in backwards. I did that one time did the same thing. Probley dont want to run it with it not conected cant be good for it. Bank 1 to lean is probley your intake.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrxSRH View Post
    Did you just install the intake. If so MAF sensor is in backwards. I did that one time did the same thing. Probley dont want to run it with it not conected cant be good for it. Bank 1 to lean is probley your intake.
    I bought the car about two years ago with the intake already installed. I don't have the stock intake. I never removed the MAF sensor until after the codes were showing.