boost backoff in 4th gear and cel code P0457
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on boost backoff in 4th gear and cel code P0457 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I figured out the hose issue, it was right in front of my face. When I am at WOT with ...

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX

boost backoff in 4th gear and cel code P0457

I figured out the hose issue, it was right in front of my face.

When I am at WOT with full boost, my boost backs off 3 psi, and basically moves from 18psi to 16psi, back and forth.

My thought is maybe i need to reflash stage 2? I have a 2003 wrx with a catless up-pipe and tbe and an ebay turbo inlet.
    Last edited by yamaha_rider619; 08-17-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: figured out hose problem, still need to fix boost problem
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    I have been getting the cel code P0457 which means evaporative emissions leak (loose fuel cap) for a few months now. I bought a oem subaru gas cap to solve the problem, but i still get the cel. I have read on nasioc about the cel code, and found possible problems could be the ecu needing reprogrammed or loose hoses?

I also just noticed today, i get full boost, but in 4th gear my boost backs off .05 mpa.

My thought is maybe i need to reflash stage 2? I have a 2003 wrx with a catless up-pipe and tbe and an ebay turbo inlet.
    Anyone here is gonna recommend reflashing to stage 2 with a turbo back, but it shouldn't be giving you a cel because you're not tuned. A CEL code from EEL should shut off after 30-50 engine cycles. If it hasn't, you might be leaking from somewhere else.
    -Holden
    Bugeye wagon - ERZ Uppipe - TurboXS Axleback - Swift Springs - JNA Lip

I Support ClubWRX
    I am tuned. I am running stage 2 now. I was asking if i would need to do a reflash.

I also never run the car that much with a cel. I have an obd reader in my car and everytime it happens, roughly once a week, i clear it.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    I am tuned. I am running stage 2 now. I was asking if i would need to do a reflash.
    Your not making any sense. Are you talking about reinstalling the stage 2 map? The issue is a leak in the evap system,not the map. Usually the other cuplrit is the vacuum cluster behind the alternator and under the manifold for the evap purge solenoid. Mainly the blue cupling.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Check the seal on the top of your gas tank where the fuel pump is.... might be loose.

Or, just torque down all those 8mm nuts.... that might help too.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Just checked the evap solenoid and the blue t-piece, they were both completely connected.

Then i checked the black box near the rear passenger tire. The first picture it appears to be missing a hose, on the right side, but im not sure as to i could not find where it would connect to.

Do you think the evap leak makes my boost continuly bounce from.1 to .05 in only 4th gear? It bounces at wot in only 4th gear. Or is this a wgdc, wastegate, or tune problem?
    Last edited by yamaha_rider619; 08-16-2010 at 11:07 AM.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.