rear view mirror ?

This is a discussion on rear view mirror ? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; have a small problem with rear view mirror. any input would be appreciated. drove to work this morning and the ...

rear view mirror ?

have a small problem with rear view mirror. any input would be appreciated. drove to work this morning and the reflective portion of the mirror was normal as usual. after work i get into my car look at the mirror and the reflective portion is completely black wtf. is there some type of adjustment that i can make or will i have to buy a new mirror. it's the auto dimming compass one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ive seen broken autodimming mirrors to where it looks like its leaking out and the mirror will get black spots all over it. (thats the best way to describe it lol)

i'm not sure if theres anyway to fix it if thats what happened to yours

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

yeah the majority of the mirror is completely black except for a small oval blob looking thing which actually moves across the mirror a little

The mirror is finished. Last I heard, there was a company that would take your old mirror plus 70 dollars and send you a new one. The liquid is corrosive so it might eat through your center console finish if it does leak out of the mirror housing.

i might just get the normal mirror to replace this one. i just pull the wire out from the back of the auto dimming one then slide the mirror out right.

I Support ClubWRX
    Find a used mirror for a few dollars and substitute it. That's what I did. People wreck these cars every day, the parts market is good. Or, you can upgrade to a homelink style mirror for a few hundred - but keep in mind that the cam mechanism for the Subaru is different (get a mirror that will fit the base correctly).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    People wreck these cars every day, the parts market is good.

I kind of laughed when you said that....cause it's so true!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

This is an option if you don't mind not having the mirror pivot tab for the people behind you with their high beams on. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/****pi...ew-mirror.html

alright found a new one for a good price. now to install it do i just pull the wire out from the back of the old one and plug it back into the new one or do i use the new harness and rewire it to the dome lights?

are there anymore for sale? apparently the auto dimming feature works due to a gel in the mirror encasing. if it leaks it does that blackening effect. it happened to me! on my 02. need new mirror auto dim with compass! lmk if anyone has it!

i actually bought mine at a the dealership. got 20% off because i work at another dealership in the area

ive seen the normal mirrors go on ebay for like 8 bucks. hope this helps

Yeah normal mirrors seem to be the way to go. 300 bucks for a mirror seems riddiculous. Also anyone has experience with windshields? I need mine replaced. The rear view mirror fell off it and took a chunk of glass with it. As far as I know there's only one other prson on this forum who had that issue. So weird!