morette issue

This is a discussion on morette issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I purchased a set of morettes for my 02. I'll go ahead and make a few pre-emptive answers: 1. Yes, ...

morette issue

I purchased a set of morettes for my 02. I'll go ahead and make a few pre-emptive answers:
    1. Yes, I searched
    2. Yes, they are the real deal; projector lows and halogen highs (even have the auto levelers)
    3. Yes, I have tried wiring them using a diagram I found on here
    4. Yes, I know that the gray wire is common

Ok. Now for my question. I have read on here that a few people have taken all the relays off the lights, and just used the ones that are on the car already. I have searched for pictures/diagrams/anything that could show me how this is done, and I have come up with squat. I'd like to keep things simple. If taking the relays off is possible while keeping the normal operation of the lights (when high beams are on, so are the lows), then that is the direction I want to go.
    Do any of you have this setup and wouldn't mind taking some pictures of the wiring itself? Or possibly an easy to follow diagram? I am searching for the 9007 plugs now (I rigged up a connection using two old bulbs that I broke open to get to the 3 wires inside). I'm almost to the point now where I am going to call a car audio place and see if they would install them for me.
    Thanks.
    Owner of the Budget Baller
    Bugeye Mafia #201
    Current mods: CAI, SPT exhaust, D-specs w/RCE Yellows, F/R Group N top hats, JDM lip kit, LWFW, F/R sways and endlinks, morettes, tuned at Agile Auto (10/9/10)
    Next project: EvoIII-16g, pnp, 850 injectors, fuel pump, and a little secret.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    What do you need the plugs for?

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...39&postcount=4

Can't help you with the relay. I used mine.
    Last edited by brfatal; 08-12-2010 at 10:13 AM.

I've got that info. The plugs are for a home made plug and play harness. I didn't buy new 9007 connectors with pig tails, so I used an old set of headlight bulbs I had laying around. Broke the bulbs, pulled the metal base, and ended up with the three wires that I would need for the connections. I sodered the morette wires to the correct wire in the bulb base, and then just plugged them in. One of the relays was making an odd noise. I know that when relays go bad, they either make no noise, or a clicking noise. This one had a high pitch scream. Never heard a relay do that.
    The driver side turn signal must have either a bad connection, or a loose wire. The car's system doesn't "see" the bulb, so the rear turn signal blinks twice as fast. I've tried a direct connection, and it still doesn't work. But, all the stock stuff works. It's confusing.
    Bugeye Mafia #201
    Current mods: CAI, SPT exhaust, D-specs w/RCE Yellows, F/R Group N top hats, JDM lip kit, LWFW, F/R sways and endlinks, morettes, tuned at Agile Auto (10/9/10)

I Support ClubWRX
    Where is the wiring harness for the lights? They are "plug and play" from Morette. You need the harness. If you have seen the thread brfatal has posted I'm not sure what more we can do. Read the whole thread.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Where is the wiring harness for the lights? They are "plug and play" from Morette. You need the harness. If you have seen the thread brfatal has posted I'm not sure what more we can do. Read the whole thread.
    They would be plug and play, if you were to buy them directly from Morette...which hasn't been available for a number of years. The likelihood of finding the actual harness adapter is extremely slim. I have seen a number of wiring diagrams, from a number of people. None of them are the same. Right now I am looking for a diagram/picture of the wiring for these lights without using the relays. If I can't find any, then I'm just going to have to replace everything since most of the wires are corroded and the connections are not good. It's that or see if Lightwerkz will rewire them for me.
    Bugeye Mafia #201

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by svynx View Post
    They would be plug and play, if you were to buy them directly from Morette...which hasn't been available for a number of years.
    It really has nothing to do with puchasing them from Morette. It has to do with puchasing them in general with the correct parts. I made sure the ones I bought had the harness. www.fastwrx.com used to sell repair parts for Morettes and had factory diagrams. Try contacting them. The Morrete harness and relays are much better than using the factory wiring and relays.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    It really has nothing to do with puchasing them from Morette. It has to do with puchasing them in general with the correct parts. I made sure the ones I bought had the harness. www.fastwrx.com used to sell repair parts for Morettes and had factory diagrams. Try contacting them. The Morrete harness and relays are much better than using the factory wiring and relays.
    Mach V can't get Morette parts anymore.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Mach V can't get Morette parts anymore.
    True but you don't know what they have laying around either.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'll be over there today to get some Motul gear oil so I'll be sure to ask if they still have anything.