Over heating

This is a discussion on Over heating within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi Everybody Could i have you help please? i have a 95 impreza wrx wagon. driving home from work my ...

Over heating

Hi Everybody Could i have you help please?

i have a 95 impreza wrx wagon.

driving home from work my temp gauge when into the red so i pulled over and shut it off.

Pressure tested and found seams on rad leaking. so i replaced the rad. also took out the stat just to see if working ok which it does. Anyway new coolant and bled.
    went out for about 2minutes and temp in red again.

took header tank off and pipes to make sure not blocked. found header tank outlet to top rad completely blocked with white gritty stuff. drilled out and cleaned hose. also checked other coolant hoses and seem ok
    refilled new coolant and bled.
    went for a 15minute road test, then temp goes into red.

Found water bubbling up in the overflow tank (left of rad)
    the rad had hot and cold spots
    heaters in car blowing out hot and cold when on hot setting
    sniff tested using that blue dye stuff, turned yellow which indicates exhaust gases in both header and overflow tanks

Basically to me it looks like im going to have to wipe the engine out and heads off which i really really dont want to.

Does anybody know of anything for me to check first? or shall i just get on with it?

Thankyou very much
    Neil

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thermostat? That's always the first place I look. Then I get the whole system professionally flushed out.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Maybe a bad headgasket.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Nah the thermostats definatly ok I even bench tested it too double check. Flushed out the system too
    next thing will be to compresion check, but is it worth it if my block tester can smell exhaust fumes anyway?

Is there a guide available for head gasket replacement?

Cheers.