just installed intake manifold and a new stock turbo inlet? problems after a week

This is a discussion on just installed intake manifold and a new stock turbo inlet? problems after a week within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi I'm new to this site, OK here my problem I installed a new stock Turbo inlet hose in and ...

Red face just installed intake manifold and a new stock turbo inlet? problems after a week

Hi I'm new to this site, OK here my problem I installed a new stock Turbo inlet hose in and you guys all know that you have to take out the intake manifold to out in the new inlet, anyways once me and my buddy put it all back in and start up the car rpm jumped up to 4k so we adjust the throttle cable came soon to find out went back to normal after about a week of driving back and forth to work soon to find out that I have loss of power and I hear a loud hissing sound where the bov is seems like I have a vacuum leak somewhere .so just to say is that what's a good place to start inspecting to find out where the leak is? Sorry if my probelem doesn't make sense

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by evo-killer209 View Post
    Hi I'm new to this site, OK here my problem I installed a new stock Turbo inlet hose in and you guys all know that you have to take out the intake manifold to out in the new inlet, anyways once me and my buddy put it all back in and start up the car rpm jumped up to 4k so we adjust the throttle cable came soon to find out went back to normal after about a week of driving back and forth to work soon to find out that I have loss of power and I hear a loud hissing sound where the bov is seems like I have a vacuum leak somewhere .so just to say is that what's a good place to start inspecting to find out where the leak is? Sorry if my probelem doesn't make sense
    Is the CEL illuminated? Take a can of 2+2 Gum cutter and with the engine running at idle spray it around the intake manifold gaskets and all vacuum lines/ connections coming off of the manifold, if the car changes idle while doing this than chances are you have a vacuum leak...Also unless your running around say 20 + PSI I would most likely lose the BOV, this is of course assuming that you have an aftermarket one that vents to the atmosphere...

Red face

Yea my motors. All stock and I will try that method I'm crossing. My fingers and hoping this is only a vacuum leak nothing else. I hate to see my car needs to be fix again.just hwr it down for two straight on just waiting in parts

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Is the CEL illuminated? Take a can of 2+2 Gum cutter and with the engine running at idle spray it around the intake manifold gaskets and all vacuum lines/ connections coming off of the manifold, if the car changes idle while doing this than chances are you have a vacuum leak...Also unless your running around say 20 + PSI I would most likely lose the BOV, this is of course assuming that you have an aftermarket one that vents to the atmosphere...
    Ill try this out thanks I will post up the good news once I found out the problem

Thanks evoeatr

Quote Originally Posted by evo-killer209 View Post
    Thanks evoeatr
    No prob. man...Hope its something simple

Talking

Yea just checked my vaccine lines, all were fine found out it was a loose clamp from the elbow between the Turbo inlet and airbox loose, thanks for all the help. Will keep up post . Appreciated. .HOLLA at me lolz jk