Rough Idle - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Rough Idle within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; SD and Zax--totally not feeling that either of you were disrespectful re: OP and unfamiliarity with boxer engine. I do ...

Registered User Fritz_the_Chick's Avatar
    SD and Zax--totally not feeling that either of you were disrespectful re: OP and unfamiliarity with boxer engine. I do absolutely think this a very real thing that I will adjust to--also, my self-deprecating humor does not always translate well via messages.

As it happens, the neighbor ladies across the street have a WRX, too, so I will inquire of them re: gas mileage and idle. As an aside, they probably think I'm obsessed with them. They have a greyhound, I just got a greyhound. They have a WRX...etc.

Lastly, I plan to make great use of the forae, as I have already learned an incredible amount in a very short time. I really do appreciate the info and feedback; I will continue to give updates as my car and I get to know one another.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You can start discreetly, by listening from a distance to their car at idle. Then put your car at a similar distance and listen again. If their exhaust is stock like yours you will hear a very characteristic almost metallic put-put-put with a slight cycling to it that may explain your idle.

you could always start the discussion by asking for greyhound advice, whether you need it or not...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I could just follow them at a discreet distance while wearing a Groucho Marx disguise.

When I take the dog over again for a play date, I'll ask...

I Support ClubWRX
    I like plan B better, I think the Groucho mask is over played at this point. My bet is their car will sound and behave similarly to yours.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Next step might would be cleaning the IAC valve and the throttlebody. Also cleaning engine grounds. Primarily the ones connecting to the intake manifold.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Next step might would be cleaning the IAC valve and the throttlebody. Also cleaning engine grounds. Primarily the ones connecting to the intake manifold.
    IAC valve...? Intercooler?

I did check the acronym page and didn't see that one

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz_the_Chick View Post
    IAC valve...? Intercooler?

I did check the acronym page and didn't see that one
    IAC - Idle Air Controller
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Thx.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.