p1086 cell code ... need help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on p1086 cell code ... need help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i wrecked my car a month ago and now that it has been fixed and i went to go pick ...

p1086 cell code ... need help

i wrecked my car a month ago and now that it has been fixed and i went to go pick it up i saw the cell light and the shop said it would turn off after i drove it bout 70 miles ....i got home and scanned it with my accessport and it came up as p1086 tgv so i cleared the ecu and reset it to stg2 and no luck came right back on .... the car runs good i didnt notice any power loss or anything wrong .... what should i do .. is it bad to drive the car like this .....?

the car was sent to subaru to get all the motor parts that were damaged replaced .... and its an 03 wrx with down pipe and exhaust and accessport stg2 ....67k miles
    thanks for any help
    No Fat H00$ car will scrape!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's the position sensor for the LH TGV, either it's unplugged or gone bad/been broken.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

would it be bad to drive the car with that problem ?

You ought to call back the shop and tell them what the code is. They ought to take care of it for you. Get it fixed, CELs come on for a reason, could cause more problems down the road.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

since the shop i took the car too only does paint and body and this was all covered by the insurance ...i just called the shop back and he talked to the insurance and now waiting for a call from the insurance for them to take a look at it at the dealer .... the car is gonna remain parked for now

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.