07 wrx false CEL

This is a discussion on 07 wrx false CEL within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK I have a 07 WRX with a COBB tune and a perrin turbo back exhaust that was there before ...

07 wrx false CEL

OK I have a 07 WRX with a COBB tune and a perrin turbo back exhaust that was there before i bought the car. I put a fidanza light weight flywheel and clutch masters stage 3 clutch. About two days after i brought the car home the cel came on. i went to advance and had it i checked and it said it had no codes they cleared it and it went away. the about two weeks later it came back on. had it checked and same thing no code. then i installed the light weight flywheel and clutch. less than a week later the light came back on. i thought it might be caused by the flywheel so i had it checked. yet again same thing no code. The car drives fine no bucking or surging but its getting annoying because while the light is on i can't use my cruise. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Could be that the reader they are using is of crappy quality or isn't working correctly. When you say "Cobb Tune" does that mean that you have an AccessPort? If so, just hook up your AP and check the code that way.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

i thought that it was the reader as well so i took it to several different places the last time that it was on and same thing at all of them ...no code. the car had a tune when i bought it i assume that it was AP but i did not get the AP when i bought the car. it was tuned by surgeline tuning in OR that much i do know. other than that i am completely stumped.

thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Odd, I would hope that an AccessPort isn't married to your ECU, that would be rather stupid of somebody to do and not give you the unit. It's useless if it's been married to an ECU.

It seems that others have had this problem before and speculative guesses suggest that it could be a "pending misfire" as in the misfire is detected, the CEL is set off, but no misfire code is stored because it went away before it was considered an actual problem.

Have you done anything recently to the car? Have you ever inspected your spark plugs?
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

yea i was thinking the samething about the AP. i havent done anthing to the car. i think ill check the plugs and see if any are fouling. i wonder if it could be a small vaccum leak that only opens occasionally.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's worth a shot, I wish you had something to data log with, it could have made diagnosing much easier, not to mentio you could make sure that things are still running okay with that tune. Being that you bought the car that way I'd really advise you to look into some way to datalog, just to give you peace of mind.

Definitely check the plugs, definitely check for vaccuum leaks.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

i really wish i had the AP. Data logging would make this alot easier. tommorrow im gonna check the plugs. I guess that at some point Im going to have to buy a AP.