MAF trouble
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on MAF trouble within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I'm having trouble codes pop up from my mass air flow sensor. Code P0102. I need to get past ...

Unhappy MAF trouble

So I'm having trouble codes pop up from my mass air flow sensor. Code P0102. I need to get past emissions ASAP and I've taken the car in multiple times and the mechanics cant figure out whats wrong with it. Anyway, I have a tactrix cable I'm trying to use to clear the code to at least make it past emissions testing. Unfortunately, if i clear the P0102 code and reflash, the car stalls out right away. Please help me find away to turn off this code for now.

Ideas:
    Replace P0102 code with another non CEL code and try to make it past. For example, swap MAF and Windshield wiper fluid low codes or something. (I don't know how to do this)

Somehow change code address so the code is in the computer, but somewhere else and it doesn't pop up for emissions testing. (Once again I don't know how to do this and I'm also not sure if its even possible)

Anyway, I think the code swap would be the best bet so far. Please help me pick a safe code to change to or if you know some way to help me disable my P0102 code and NOT have the car stall out. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I REALLY don't think this is possible. Those codes and tables are hard written in the ROM, when they're flashed the ECU looks in certain memory addresses for certain parts of the map, it's part of the ECU's logic as far as I'm aware.

The reason you're car is stalling out due to the code being disabled is because the car doesn't know to use it's backup method for determining fuel, so being that your MAF is obviously not working correctly, it doesn't know to use the MAP sensor alone. I'd suggest getting your MAF sensor problem sorted out.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Youre right, I definitely need it sorted out, but my license plate expired a week ago and I need a new one ASAP. I have another idea though. What if i changed voltage scaling to 0v - 0v like in this thread?

http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic5404.html

If voltage was scaled to 0 - 0, would the CEL still trigger?

Also, I could check wiring again. If it helps at all, the light turns on as soon as the key is turned to ON (the engine doesn't have to be started at all). After a reset, the car immediately lights the CEL for P0102 without even starting the engine so it must be a wiring problem. Is there any diagram or pictures to show under the dash where the ECU is connected to the MAF? Thanks

Also, logging shows voltage to be 0v and the P0113 code doesn't trigger unless I unplug the MAF entirely. Could it be a single wire that doesn't affect temp sensor that is also in the MAF?
    Last edited by MAX.WRX; 08-05-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure to be honest. The ECU has it's own logic to figure out when to trigger the DTC, if something is out of whack, it will trigger the DTC to tell you what's wrong. I'm sure some of those parameters are determined by settings in the ROM, but I'm hesitant to say that MAF low or high voltage is determined by that table. It could be, mind you, it's worth a shot I suppose, but I'm not 100% positive. This goes into a deeper understanding of the workings of the ECU than I have, perhaps merchgod on RomRaider would be of some more help there.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.