Overheating problems ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Overheating problems ? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I agree do it all at once. When you replace the radiator make sure it's entirely aluminum. Not sure about ...

I agree do it all at once.
    When you replace the radiator make sure it's entirely aluminum. Not sure about the 94's but the newer Impreza's rads have plastic end caps that are known to fail.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah a couple of mates have said that, and my mate who is a mechanic, plus his boss reckons rad as well...

the thing is ive already bought the pump...shall i just change that while im at it, least i'll have a new pump then ???

cheers
    Luke

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lukemaugey View Post
    yeah a couple of mates have said that, and my mate who is a mechanic, plus his boss reckons rad as well...

the thing is ive already bought the pump...shall i just change that while im at it, least i'll have a new pump then ???

cheers
    Luke
    Honestly the pump and timing belt are kinduva PITA. Last set I changed on a bugeye took 2 hours, but I have a full shop with air tools. It is cheap insurance.

I like to know things are done right, and you bought a used car, so in your case personally, I would change:

1. The radiator with something like a Koyo Aluminum or cxracing aluminum.
    2. Thermostat and gasket.
    3. Flush the whole coolant system, and use subaru coolant.
    4. The timing belt if it wasn't done at time of install (who know how many miles are on the motor)
    5. Water pump while I'm changing the T-belt.
    6. Oil and filter
    7. Spark Plugs.
    8. Transmission Fluid.
    9. Radiator cap (may have blown the burst disc or could be leaky or corroded if original).
    10. Rear diff fluid.
    11. Radiator hoses.
    12. Flush the brake fluid (supposed to every year)
    13. Inspect brake system.
    14. Inspect CV joints.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

see now when i saw that list at first i was kinda sh**ting my pants, but i know that most of that stuff is low price...lol.

i think i will tale your advice mate, seeing how the car is off the road at the minute i mite aswell do all i can....

cheers again dude!
    Luke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12