EGT Sensor P0546 and smog?

This is a discussion on EGT Sensor P0546 and smog? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey WRX friends! I know my EGT sensor is probably going. I have a CEL of P0546, and sometimes another ...

EGT Sensor P0546 and smog?

Hey WRX friends!

I know my EGT sensor is probably going. I have a CEL of P0546, and sometimes another that says P0546 PD which from what I understands it means it has occurred more then once. I can clear the CEL, and im fine for a couple days, and it comes back on, same code. When I clear the CEL, and drive around for a day, ill check it when I get home and it reads 0 codes. Do you think it will pass smog since the OBD2 reader shows 0 codes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    That depends on your location, and on whether the sensors all report "ready" or not.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I have heard that if you disconnect the leads off of the battery and tap them together it will reset the position of the EGT sensor... I also could try the 2.2 Ohm resister mod, but I thought that was for the MAF sensor on the intake. Mine was dirty, cleaned it off with some carb cleaner and all was well.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by My02WRXIsHot View Post
    but I thought that was for the MAF sensor on the intake. Mine was dirty, cleaned it off with some carb cleaner and all was well.
    I wouldn't use carb cleaner or brake cleaner on the MAF. Both are very corrosive and not plastic friendly. They make MAF cleaner
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE