antifreeze leak

This is a discussion on antifreeze leak within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok here is my problem. I have a antifreeze leak but heres the catch. hoses are good, water pump isn't ...

antifreeze leak

ok here is my problem. I have a antifreeze leak but heres the catch. hoses are good, water pump isn't leaking but i have a stream on the top of the rad and the bottom of the car is wet? car is running around the same temp. this crap is starting to piss me off any help would be great.

i let the car run and i still cant find anything. on the driverside of the hood i have a wet spot about were the fan is? like i said no hoses are leaking. i checked everything and i'm lost for words. like i said the car is not over heating!!!!

thanks

ken.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not much to offer beyond "find the leak and fix it" but the radiator itself is a common source of leaks. Have you been unable to find any residue anywhere? The rad cap seams typically fail. Also, there has been a TSB for the top hose where it meets the rad inlet, but that's much less common than the rad.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Like SD_GR said, the radiator on WRX's are prone to failure at the plastic endcaps.

Thanks guys for all of the help.

do you guys know anybody or anyplace that sale a rad. used or new.

Only buy new. Do not buy a replacement rad with plastic end caps.
    Mishimoto and Koyo make all aluminum replacement radiators that run $250-400.

Edit: Here's a link to Gruppe-S's website scroll down to the "COOLING" section and it's the second item for only $255.
    http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subeng.htm

I've purchased parts from Gruppe-s before, they are a great vendor.
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 08-01-2010 at 12:22 PM.

thanks jeremy96gase i will check them out.