Post-tune oil leak

This is a discussion on Post-tune oil leak within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; On friday i took my car to central florida turbo in orlando for an external wastegate setup install and a ...

Post-tune oil leak

On friday i took my car to central florida turbo in orlando for an external wastegate setup install and a tune. the only modifications are a catless turboback and the wastegate. John tuned the car and said that the stock intake, intercooler, and bpv was unable to hold boost very well and recommended just to get a boost gauge and watch the boost. now the car is back in jacksonville and 3rd gear WOT, the CEL comes on and cruise control is blinking. i take the car home and the next day, oil is all over my garage and the dipstick is bone dry. i cant find out where the oil is coming from and now how am i supposed to get it back to orlando?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CREAMYAM View Post
    On friday i took my car to central florida turbo in orlando for an external wastegate setup install and a tune. the only modifications are a catless turboback and the wastegate. John tuned the car and said that the stock intake, intercooler, and bpv was unable to hold boost very well and recommended just to get a boost gauge and watch the boost. now the car is back in jacksonville and 3rd gear WOT, the CEL comes on and cruise control is blinking. i take the car home and the next day, oil is all over my garage and the dipstick is bone dry. i cant find out where the oil is coming from and now how am i supposed to get it back to orlando?

Fill the vehicle with oil and start the engine, be very careful, but with the engine running take a look under the vehicle and under the hood for the source of the oil leak, If your leaking as much oil as it sounds like the leak should be pretty evident, I'm thinking if they did an external gate setup on your car, perhaps they didnt tighten the oil feed line or something back up for the turbo. Does the car burn oil at all? What code is in the ECU? ( The cruise light will illuminate when the CEL does for when the ECU sets a code it disables the cruise control )...If you really cant pin point the oil leak than you can add dye to the oil and pop back under the car after letting it run or driving it for a while and the leak location should become apparent with the help of a black light...

the code was p0244, ill try the dye and see what happens, thanks