Trunk Rattle ? please help me out
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Trunk Rattle ? please help me out within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok so i had a wrx and i noticed that at low speeds i could hear a rattle in the ...

Trunk Rattle ? please help me out

ok so i had a wrx and i noticed that at low speeds i could hear a rattle in the trunk or rear area. only at low speeds tho. At first i thought it was just something loose in that car. but when i got rid of the wrx and got an sti i noticed that theres the same rattle! only at low speeds tho and i cant figure out what it is! does anyone else have this happening to them? can you please help me and give me some ideas of what it might me thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the same stupid problem. I'm going to the dealership for maintenance next week so I guess I'll see what they say.

I Support ClubWRX
    Check the cover for the spare.
    Check the "tray" behind the rear seat heads.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by AdamA View Post
    ok so i had a wrx and i noticed that at low speeds i could hear a rattle in the trunk or rear area. only at low speeds tho. At first i thought it was just something loose in that car. but when i got rid of the wrx and got an sti i noticed that theres the same rattle! only at low speeds tho and i cant figure out what it is! does anyone else have this happening to them? can you please help me and give me some ideas of what it might me thanks.
    you should check that the factory jack on the left hand side is secure and also that the panel that covers the spare wheels is located by the pins into the bracket and that the carpet is folded over that panel you will see how it should be wrapped over the panel, it can make a noise if not located proberly.

ive been talking to some of my friends and it actually sounds like it might be my rear struts. does that sound right?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamA View Post
    ive been talking to some of my friends and it actually sounds like it might be my rear struts. does that sound right?
    if its your rear struts it is a knocking/clunking sound, I have just pulled mine apart and regreased them. I have pictures if you would like to see them message me and I can email them to you, it is a common problem with STIs so it is a good possibility your friend is right

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.