question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi, I was sliding my seat back and heard a loud locking noise. Now my seat is locked in the ...

question

hi,

I was sliding my seat back and heard a loud locking noise. Now my seat is locked in the furthest back position. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions on how to unlock it? Any information on this would be appreciated.

aeyr

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know some of the years for sure the 02... had a reca of a bolt in the seats just for that reason
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

this happened to me in the first car i ever owned, not a subaru. is it possible that change had fallen between the seats and gotten stuck in the seat track? get a flash light, and try to take a look underneath to see if you can find anything in the acutal track. with the seat all the way back it might be pretty easy from the footwell.

if you cant see anything, the only other option is to have someone take out the seat to diagnose it. i would stay away form dealers/mechanics, b/c they are going to try to nail you with high labor rates. i would try to find a neighborhood body shop or a stereo shop, and offer them like $20 or $30 to take out the seat and see what is going on.

good luck

solved

thanks for the suggestions, I went ahead and removed the seat and the problem was a wire that is connected to the locking mechanism had fallen out of position. i couldn't see where it was suppose to go, so now i just have to manually pull the wire and the latch up to move the seat back and forth.

now my wife can drive it : ) thanks
    aeyr

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.