Update: knock motor and then shut down from about a month ago

This is a discussion on Update: knock motor and then shut down from about a month ago within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well guys if you remember i posted about my car having a loud knock and then 30miles after it shut ...

Update: knock motor and then shut down from about a month ago

Well guys if you remember i posted about my car having a loud knock and then 30miles after it shut down and wouldnt run after that. Here it is i brought it to subaru to see if they could help me out cause i have only had this car for about a year. when i bought it, it had 49,000miles. This happend at 60,700 miles!! no need for it. They wanted ALL service records which is totally understandable. Come to find out im the third owner of the car and the second owner beat the piss out of it! while in his possession he went through 2 transmissions, he also some how bent all 4 struts and both a-arms in the front (im guessing he launched it) and much more to list. So basically he did the damage and i finished it off when i bought this car it looked premo so i didnt feel like i had to look into any history. the customer service manager that i was dealing with is a great guy! He told me he didnt think subaru would do much for me concidering the amount of damage its been through but he'll try, given the fact it was beaten by the second owner, 700 miles over warrenty and it was about 6 months over w amount arrenty. While it was there i waited about a week 1/2 then they called me back telling me what they would do for me. Very suprisingly They said they would do 50% with me! I have to say im very pleased! Main reasons for buying this car is not only do i love WRX's but i am going away to college and i needed something with low miles and something that needed little maintainance. On top of all that i wanted something fairly good on gas that had all wheel drive for the wintertime go get me back and forth to college from my apt. I told CSM this. Ima college student with little money i didnt expect to have to spend this amount of money on this car, thats the point of me buying it....So as far as damage to the motor...it blew.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I recommend getting it back after repairs and then selling it. Sounds like you will always be chasing gremlins in that car.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Well u know i honestly thought about that but the other side of that is, everything is fixed now...new motor, new tranny, struts& A-arms, brand new complete drive train....basically all the serious and most expensive things are fixed hahaha. My thinking is this car should last me now. But i dunno what way to think about it.