AC Leak!!! HELP!

This is a discussion on AC Leak!!! HELP! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so my AC doesnt work, so I bought a recharge kit and found a leak. Its BIG! Its right ...

AC Leak!!! HELP!

Ok so my AC doesnt work, so I bought a recharge kit and found a leak. Its BIG! Its right where the Low line does a 90 degree behind the top mount. If you looking at the front of the car its right above the low line port where the recharge kit hooks up. So does any one know a good fix, like anyone ever had to replace this? Is it easy? Any help would be great thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Options are to have the system drained, replace the line with a new Subaru line plus o-rings, and have the system vacuumed before refilling it, or to do all that as stated but use the same line that you've had a hose shop repair.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Its on the metal line not a hose. Can I nust patch it? Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    From what little I understand of A/C systems, the low side pressure will be, say, roughly 45 PSI when the system is running; however, when the system is turned off, the high and low sides should equalize, meaning the low side will now potentially see in excess of 100 PSI.

Given that, I'd say "no." Ask a qualified shop what to do though because nobody else is responding to the thread (yet -- it's a slow Sunday night) and I've no idea what I'm doing.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

A cheap fix would be to vacuum it then charge it with enough freon to get the compressor running then put a product called "Super Seal" in it.($20 Autozone/Advance) Then continue to charge the system. You MUST chase the sealant with freon or it WILL stop your fitting up. But I would really suggest you have the system repaired by a competent A/C tech.
    '03 WRX (Blue) COBB AP Stage 2 SPT Intake TBE
    Blitz BOV / 17" Enkie RSV's (Gold)
    ProDrive Coilovers and much more to come...