new to this with 2002 impreza wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new to this with 2002 impreza wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i recently bought a 2002 wrx, shortly after i purchased it i took it to a place to have it ...

new to this with 2002 impreza wrx

i recently bought a 2002 wrx, shortly after i purchased it i took it to a place to have it dyno tuned.. well to make a long story short the tuner blew the moter pushing it to hard.

i am having the motor rebuilt, my question to everyone is what can i do while i am in the rebuilding process to make my impreza a faster more agressive car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What's your budget? If you have the money get an sti shortblock and do a turbo upgrade with sauporting mods... and don't take it back to that tuner, he sounds like he doesn't know what he is doing...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalovirgo View Post
    i am having the motor rebuilt, my question to everyone is what can i do while i am in the rebuilding process to make my impreza a faster more agressive car?

Hmm.. I think an ej257 short block with some CP pistons, Bosch 044 fuel pump, ID 1000cc injectors, custom twin scroll headers and uppipe, dual 38mm Tial EWGs, Blouch TD05H-20G T/S (or DOM 2.5RXT TS), PnPd intake manifold and TGV delete, Spearco TMIC.. Maybe throw in some Kelford 264(or 272) cams, Supertech springs and retainers, +1mm radiused valves.. and run it on e85.

That should make it faster AND more aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Hmm.. I think an ej257 short block with some CP pistons, Bosch 044 fuel pump, ID 1000cc injectors, custom twin scroll headers and uppipe, dual 38mm Tial EWGs, Blouch TD05H-20G T/S (or DOM 2.5RXT TS), PnPd intake manifold and TGV delete, Spearco TMIC.. Maybe throw in some Kelford 264(or 272) cams, Supertech springs and retainers, +1mm radiused valves.. and run it on e85.

That should make it faster AND more aggressive.
    That would be verrry awesome and his car would be taking off like it wasn't even there in the first place...lol if he does do all that don't forget the ppg gears and a heavy duty clutch and flywheel otherwise its gonna be toast with the quickness...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yea.. I was just talking engine mods. There's about just as much that would need to be done to the rest of the car to support it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.