How to get a catless exhaust to pass emissions?

This is a discussion on How to get a catless exhaust to pass emissions? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is there a way?...

How to get a catless exhaust to pass emissions?

Is there a way?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If the car is tuned, like it should be, there should be CEL defeats for catless exhausts, so there wouldn't be an issue with OBDII checks. Visual inspections, you'll always fail since there is no cat on the vehicle. Sniffer inspections shouldn't be a problem unless the car has a problem.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

yea, what he said. no cat no pass. however, i heard you can get some really high flow cats that may pass but being in KY ive never had a reason to research it.
    bugeye mafia #232
    World Rally Blue 2002 WRX Stage 2 290 awhp
    my mods

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I'm catless and I pass every year without a problem.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by n8n8n8 View Post
    Is there a way?
    No useful information will result if you don't state your location. In my location making this happen involves at least two crimes. In other locations it's no big deal.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    No useful information will result if you don't state your location. In my location making this happen involves at least two crimes. In other locations it's no big deal.
    +1 has nothing to do with everyone else's experiences and everything to do with youe local state/county laws. They are different across the US.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Like everyone else said, I can only speak for what we do locally. I live in one of the few counties in Ohio that still "e-check". I was very surprised to see that they didn't check my emissions on the rollers simply because they couldn't on the single roller. All they did was the OBDII check and that was it.

I know a few people that keep stock exhausts and just put them back on when e-check time rolls around. Seems like the high-flow cats are the best option considering you don't have to worry about it.