03 wrx wont start.

This is a discussion on 03 wrx wont start. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok, so heres the deal, i am repainting my car so i had the entire interior out, doors off, etc. ...

NJO

03 wrx wont start.

ok, so heres the deal, i am repainting my car so i had the entire interior out, doors off, etc. i broke my collar bone and didnt look at the car for a few months, so now its been about 5 months since the car has been running. i have right around 100k miles on it. also while it was not running i put new injectors in it, then wanted bigger so i took them out and sold them and put the stock ones back in. i am almost positive i have all the wiring in and right, but the car cranks and wont start, i cant hear the fuel pump running but about every 5 times trying to start it it will kick over a little then not go so it sounds like its getting some fuel some how. there is no lights or anything except the low fuel light flahes. i dont have any tools at home to check fuel pressure or anyhting and cant go back to work for a few more weeks. any one have any ideas? i know it has about 2 to 3 gallons of gas in it. and it seems like that should be enough to start.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd start by ruling out the other things than fuel to make sure. Airflow shouldn't be an issue, but have you checked spark? If so, then yes, I'd agree it sounds like a fuel delivery issue. Exactly what's wrong though is going to be tough to say without seeing if there's a code being thrown by the ECU.

It may be very simple too: old gas. If you didn't treat it before you parked it, and it's been in there for almost 6 months, it may just have gone bad.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

NJO
    it is getting spark, i checked it, and i drained the fuel and put in 3 gallons of 91 octane when i tried to start it, so i know its not an issue with my fuel.... can anyone tell me when their fuel pump starts to run... key on, open door, etc?
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

NJO
    so i replaced the fuel pump with a brand new one and still nothing... anyone have more advice?
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

Pull the battery and have an auto store test it out. It could be weak on cranking amps. Have you tried to push start?
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    Pull the battery and have an auto store test it out. It could be weak on cranking amps. Have you tried to push start?
    its a 900cca agm BMW battery... and i charged it prior to trying to start and tested it with a BMW midtronics battery tester and it was fine. i disconnected all my wiring, re plugged it all back in, smacked my fuel pump relay and it started to work... dont know what was wrong, all i know is it starts and im happy thanks for all the help.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback