misfire HELP
Results 1 to 8 of 8

This is a discussion on misfire HELP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; help newbie ere hello and i must say this is a grate site....o.k.i own a 95 wrx it has a ...

  1. #1
    Registered User hillywrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    england
    Posts
    19

    misfire HELP

    help newbie ere
    hello and i must say this is a grate site....o.k.i own a 95 wrx it has a remapped ecu 17psi,fmic,k+n, 3 in turbo back exhaust, and front headers, walbro pump, pushin 320 bhp. it has developed a bogging down sound when reved and a mis and backfire through intake the car sputters when revvin like its down a cyl i have replaced turbo,plugs (old ones a very sooty,over fuling???) and checked coil packs and reset ecu to no joy, i have unplugged afm when running and the car stalls, although when started with afm still unplugged the misfire goes away and check light is on due to unplugged afm. HELP ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY all weekend under bonett is not good on the old back lol. is my afm goosed????

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User EvoEatr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,839
    Have you tried cleaning the MAF? Does the problem still persist with the MAF unplugged? How long has the current tune been on the vehicle? Have you ever had a problem like this before?

  4. #3
    Registered User hillywrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    england
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Have you tried cleaning the MAF? Does the problem still persist with the MAF unplugged? How long has the current tune been on the vehicle? Have you ever had a problem like this before?
    tried to clean maf as good as i can ,careful not to break the little wire in side, the prob started about a week ago, she really pulls like a train untill this, i not tried to drive with the afm unplugged too scared of damaging her the currant tune has been on for some months now with no issuse. i drive with the afm plugged in and it feels as if it wants to go but as soon as you put a little presure on the loud pedal it bogs down and pops through intake. drivin me nuts

  5. #4
    Registered User hillywrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    england
    Posts
    19

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by hillywrx View Post
    tried to clean maf as good as i can ,careful not to break the little wire in side, the prob started about a week ago, she really pulls like a train untill this, i not tried to drive with the afm unplugged too scared of damaging her the currant tune has been on for some months now with no issuse. i drive with the afm plugged in and it feels as if it wants to go but as soon as you put a little presure on the loud pedal it bogs down and pops through intake. drivin me nuts
    also a strong smell of fuel when afm plugged in, never had this happen before

  6. #5
    Registered User hillywrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    england
    Posts
    19
    should my car start without the afm plugged in??????
    always expect the worst.........anything else then is a bonus.

  7. #6
    Registered User hillywrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    england
    Posts
    19

    new maf ......no change......help

    ok bought a new maf today beit second hand but still the same problem begining to think its ignition, how do i go about testing this when the coil packs or on top of the plugs on each cyl, ive checked for the obvious cracks around the coil packs an all o.k only being 2 years old. the car still stuggling to rev and has no chance of hitting boost due to the misfire

    can anybody help me on this i have tried near enough every thing but send to garage for diagnoisis at some cost i imagine

    i am running out off options on this and fear itll be visiting subaru heaven lol
    always expect the worst.........anything else then is a bonus.

  8. #7
    Registered User teflon_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    8000' up in Colorado
    Posts
    6,752
    Please stick to asking your questions in only one thread. It's not going to help to post this in multiple places. I already replied on your other thread before I saw this one.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

  9. #8
    Registered User hillywrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    england
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Please stick to asking your questions in only one thread. It's not going to help to post this in multiple places. I already replied on your other thread before I saw this one.
    sorry just tried to explain a little better thats all
    always expect the worst.........anything else then is a bonus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •