Fuel injector cleaner

This is a discussion on Fuel injector cleaner within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What do u guys think about it, just filled my tank up and bought some from chevron for ....

Fuel injector cleaner

What do u guys think about it, just filled my tank up and bought some from chevron for $10.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you need it, I hear it works. It's just Techron in a bottle, same stuff they put in their gasoline. I know I've heard it recommened on CarTalk for those who need to clean out their valves.
    -Chris
    2009 WRX - South Denver, CO

For sure, just wondering if its even worth it or not, it said on the bottle every 3k. Do your valves and fuel injectors get that dirty?

Umm, Gasoline already has cleaners in it. Why buy this stuff?

Gasoline has 10% alcohol.

This stuff has straight alcohol in it with additives, you'll be over alcoholing the system.

But as far as a turbocharged car, not sure of the effects since in Japan they run on 100+ octane from a regular pump.

Just my .02.

Hell put it in there it may give you an octane boost.

Unless you can get gas from the same station all the time, you're going to end up getting some bad gas from a shady station from time to time.

Some of those jokers like selling regular octane in their premium pumps. Using the fuel system cleaner every once in a while is good, but I don't think you need to every oil change unless you like buying gas from Walmart, or the 5th ward stop & rob.

On that note, if you're ever getting gas and the pump is running rediculously slow, that means you're getting the bottom of the barrel, which is where the dirt and crud likes to gather. Best just to hang it up and go to the next station.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionWins View Post
    Unless you can get gas from the same station all the time, you're going to end up getting some bad gas from a shady station from time to time.

Some of those jokers like selling regular octane in their premium pumps. Using the fuel system cleaner every once in a while is good, but I don't think you need to every oil change unless you like buying gas from Walmart, or the 5th ward stop & rob.
    I totally agree with you bud and they do it because it's cheaper on them but more expensive for you.

Personally I would trust an franchise (gas station), but I heard BP sucks for WRXs, causing a misfire at a certain rpm. In which case I think the gas station on the military base I'm stationed sucks as well, because I've felt the same misfire vibration while boosting on the highway.

I've tried Shell and Route 66 (Gas stations).
    These are heard are the best and have not caused me any problems.
    Last edited by FullmetalWReX; 07-19-2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: clarifying my statement.

I Support ClubWRX
    I can think of no better fuel than that widely available in the US, nor more standardized and regulated fuel.

I see no need for fuel injector cleaner.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Dude, its spelled Sacramento.

Quote Originally Posted by lopan08wrx View Post
    Dude, its spelled Sacramento.
    Dude...come on, the thread is 4 years old
    Stinkeye member 520