stuck trunk.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stuck trunk. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got home from a long trip, dropped off my girlfriend and took all her stuff out of the ...

stuck trunk.

I just got home from a long trip, dropped off my girlfriend and took all her stuff out of the trunk and it worked fine. got home to my house and went to open the trunk to get my stuff out and its stuck. i pull the latch inside and it wont open. the guy 2 owners ago replaced the lid with a new one and didnt get a matching lock, so you cant open it using the ignition key. the only way to get in is to use the latch inside.
    i cant get into it thru the back seat hole thing cause i've got a sub in front of it, and i cant push it out of the way because my backpacking pack is infront of it.....
    any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    ?

any OTHER suggestions? i dont think im quite to that point in my anger...yet.

^^

This happened to me once. I had to remove the back seat, remove the sub, move stuff, then put the latch switch in the correct position.
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 07-14-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    ^^

This happened to me once. I had to remove the back seat, remove the sub, move stuff, then put the latch switch in the correct position.
    so removing the backseat does actually let you get into the rear? i thought there was a metal divider between the two...

Try looking for a video on how to install a rear strut tower bar.
    The fuel pump video I posted a min ago (and removed) didn't remove the back part of the seat.

Edit: here's the fuel pump video I posted, it's a start
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6YdJhp5-BY

Anyway, there are two black bars that also need to be removed (to get a large sub box out), but not a full plate that blocks access.
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 07-14-2010 at 04:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.