having a problem

This is a discussion on having a problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; today i started the car and it was idle surging and would die down to were it was not even ...

having a problem

today i started the car and it was idle surging and would die down to were it was not even running at all and would jump back up any one know what can cause this ? thank you for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sounds like a vacuum leak to me
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

all the hose are hooked up as far as i can tell and it goes away after i drive the car for a bit but it does it when its cold

I Support ClubWRX
    Search "idle surging" and/or "IAVC" and threads like this come up:

car surges when cold
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 02wrxman View Post
    all the hose are hooked up as far as i can tell and it goes away after i drive the car for a bit but it does it when its cold
    Its not just the hoses. Its everything after the MAF sensor. Could even be a leak causes by a blown out TGV gasket or torn turbo inlet pipe.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Is your vehicle an automatic? How many miles are on it? As mentioned search for the IAC valve threads, also feel the throttle under the hood on the side of the throttle body...does it feel sticky at all? Is the CEL illuminated? Also as mentioned check for vaccum leaks ( spray some 2+2 Gum cutter around the intake manifold gaskets as well as all vacuum lines with the engine running)...

cel light for o2 sensor and heater sensor and its 5 speed and with 68 thousand miles were would i be able to get the gum from ?

cel light for o2 sensor and heater sensor and its 5 speed and with 68 thousand miles were would i be able to get the gum from ?

What is the code? Is it for the front o2 Sensor? Personally I would repair this before even beginning to diag. other problems, I have seen o2/AF sensors cause problems like this before, on more than one occasion...

i have bought the heater sensor and going to be buying the o2 sensors this week befor i go any fierther with the car ]
    i have a o2 pending and one for o2 and the heater sensor and idk the code sorry

i have bought the heater sensor and going to be buying the o2 sensors this week befor i go any fierther with the car ]
    i have a o2 pending and one for o2 and the heater sensor and idk the code sorry

The heater is built into the oxygen sensor...

that is what i was told by the subaru dealership it was a heater sensor befro the turbo that i need to replace

that is what i was told by the subaru dealership it was a heater sensor befro the turbo that i need to replace

They prob. meant the heater circuit in the front o2 sensor... I hope a new sensor fixes your problem, those little buggers are customer cost around $100.00-$180.00 where I work depending on which sensor/which model vehicle...

i do to and thank you for the help on this i am new to this so i am trying to learn everthing i can

i do to and thank you for the help on this i am new to this so i am trying to learn everthing i can

No prob. bud...Thanks for the friend request