Window seal has come loose...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Window seal has come loose... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I have an 04 sedan, I noticed some more road noise then usual the other day coming from my ...

Window seal has come loose...

Hey,
    I have an 04 sedan, I noticed some more road noise then usual the other day coming from my passenger side. Thought my windows were maybe rolled down.
    Anyways, when I stopped I found the rear passenger side rubber window seal has come loose. The back portion up to the roof line, though the very bottom corner is still attached. Looks like there is a metal ridge with screws under neath the rubber.

To fix this, do I just unscrew that metal ridge and push the rubber back under it? Has anyone else ever fixed this? I looked the forums and didn't see any guides on this.

thanks,

DorBink

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For now i have pushed the seal up as high as i can and have held it in place with the window. Still open to any suggestions.

I have found other posts related to this but nothing with a definitive answer.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    For the record, I have the same exact issue on both of my rear doors on my '06. I haven't actually "reinstalled" the weather stripping yet, but I did my best to put it back into it's home. There's a lip on the metal strips that run across there, and you can see where the lip goes inside of the small crease in the rubber on the stripping. All I can recommend at this point is doing your best to put it back up in there as much as you can. Will revisit when I get the motivation to "fix" it.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Take some multi-purpose epoxy and attach it back on there. The only downside is you may not be able to get it off without wrecking it, but usually the epoxy will just pull off the metal anyway. It can come loose after a while (depends how often you open the window) because of the paint on the metal making a poor bond with the epoxy. If you really just want to fix it permanently, lightly sand the paint where you epoxy it with some very fine sandpaper and you'll never have to worry about it again.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Hey Anub1s, just an FYI I had my car in at the dealer.. (usually don't do this) and I asked them to put the rubber seal back on. It was $16 in labour... so yeah it was probably a 5 min job for them but I can live with 16 bucks for it being done right... or the dealership I was at was actually honest...

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the update dude, I may call my dealer to see what they would say about it. My dealer is a big bag of ****heads though, so I doubt it would be the same price, but worth looking into anyways.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.