My Subaru may be the death of me

This is a discussion on My Subaru may be the death of me within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Please someone help! I bought this car in December 09. It has been in the shop (s) more than it ...

My Subaru may be the death of me

Please someone help!

I bought this car in December 09. It has been in the shop (s) more than it has been on the road. Lemon?

To make a long story short:

The resume

12/09-3/10 New headgaskets; 4 shops to diagnose and repair

4/10-6/10 Newish engine, new turbo, new clutch, new o2 sensor; botched oil change led to engine seize

Came back from shop with huge dent in fender.

6/10-present Car won't steer. At Subaru dealership. They say need new steering rack and pump to a total of $2000+.

Anyone know how hard it is to install these things? I would rather buy the parts myself and take it somewhere else. That's a lot of cash I don't have.

I love this car and have put time and money in it? Keep or sell is the question. I know if I sell it the buyer will never have a problem.
    Also, anyone know of lemon laws in pennsylvania?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What year is it? How many miles? If it's higher mileage and a few years old there's more of a chance that regular maintenance was skipped and/or it was bagged on in it's previous life.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

The previous owner probally beat the living hell out of it... did you research it prior to its purchase? Was it modded or cutomized at all when you got it?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

It's a 2003 WRX. It has a clean history. 127,000 miles. engine looked and sounded great when I bought it and the exterior is mint. I now call it a Subaru WCS (worst case scenario). Any suggestions though on replacing the steering rack myself with someone who knows what they're doing?