Engine noise inside cabin. 03 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Engine noise inside cabin. 03 wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys, i remember my car was quiet inside when i got it year ago, now i'm noticing much more ...

I Support ClubWRX

Engine noise inside cabin. 03 wrx

Hi guys, i remember my car was quiet inside when i got it year ago, now i'm noticing much more engine noise coming inside the cabin. It happens usualy around 3k rmp, before turbo kicks in, after 4 k rpm it's quiter. Full boost, no leaks. 139K miles on the car, timing belt 85-90 K miles.
    What first to check?
    Sounds like it's coming from air vents, but i'm not shure.
    Can that be oil related ? Or it's idler that bad ?

If someone had it just let me know what it is.

Thanks
    No matter how smart you are, there is always someone better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    maybe its an exhaust leak

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    maybe its an exhaust leak
    Well, how do i check that ? It hapens only(at least i hear it) 2600 -3000 rpm, than it's quieter.
    Can that be oil related ? Or coolant related ? It just annoying noise, like you suddenly turn on vacuum cleaner in your trunk. But that coming from front side, behind dash board.
    No matter how smart you are, there is always someone better.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.