BOV Recirculation kit help

This is a discussion on BOV Recirculation kit help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Heres the deal guys, I need to pass emissions next week with my 2002 WRX and my CEL won't go ...

Unhappy BOV Recirculation kit help

Heres the deal guys, I need to pass emissions next week with my 2002 WRX and my CEL won't go off after trying many things. Im pulling up code P0102 for low voltage to MAF. I've replaced my filter and MAF sensor and looked for leaks and I havent been able to find anything. However, i just noticed that the previous owner installed a HKS BOV and it is NOT recirculating. I was wondering if the recirculation kit would turn off my CEL or if any other ideas could solve my problem. Let me know how to install a recirculation kit or let me know if it will even help. Thanks in advance all, I really appreciate any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The recirculation is already metered air recirculating into the intake tract AFTER the MAF, it won't be metered again, so this shouldn't have any baring on the issue. However, you'd do well to set up the recirc anyways.

Check your wiring, there may be a short along the wire somewhere or a losse connection inside of the connector. Look closely at the wiring harness connector to the MAF and make sure there are no loose or exposed wires.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Thanks, I've checked the harness and it's getting voltage, I'm just not sure if it's the correct voltage. Where should I go from here? Check voltage and then take
    it into a shop to check for air leaks? Also the car has an aftermarket muffler and a front mount intercooler if that helps at all.
    Also, is there any spot in particular I should check for air leaks?
    Thanks again

I Support ClubWRX
    Check EVERYWHERE for air leaks.

Here is the FSM's instructions for diagnosing P0102. This will tell you what to look for through the wiring and MAF itself.

Cody

Good news, everyone!

Thanks very much! I'll try this first thing tomorrow and hopefully I'll post an update of my success. Thanks again!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX.WRX View Post
    Thanks very much! I'll try this first thing tomorrow and hopefully I'll post an update of my success. Thanks again!
    No problem. I'll check the thread tomorrow to see how it went. Good luck.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Just tried everything out on those pictures and it seems that everything is alright, I'm running out of ideas. Would a leak be before the MAF sensor? Or could it be that my MAF sensor isnt making the connection to the ECU? I'm thinking maybe something under my dash might be out of order since the previous owner did some wiring down there. Unfortunately I don't have my own OBD II scanner so I can't check myself. Thanks though for the diagrams, I'm going to have an electrician friend of mine check again for me.