2005 WRX short block sug.

This is a discussion on 2005 WRX short block sug. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i've recently threw a rod in my wrx and was wondering what the best option is for a new short ...

2005 WRX short block sug.

i've recently threw a rod in my wrx and was wondering what the best option is for a new short block and whats the best type to have in these year models? thnx much appreciation!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Bummer dude, but now's the time to consider what your goals for the car are. If you want nothing more than stock, go stock, if you'd like quite a bit more power handling go with an EJ257 shortblock and make a hybrid (though it will be substantially more work). If you want to build the block you have, get some upgraded rods and pistons.

There are manufactureres that make built shortblocks for our vehicles, but be prepared to pay out the nose for them. It's cheaper to do it yourself or to buy the parts and have it assembled at a trusted shop.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72